One of the objects of the Authority is to promote high standards in the training of security service providers and prospective security service providers. Training service providers are required by law to be registered and accredited with PSIRA before services are offered.
PSIRA.SASSETA REGISTERED SECURITY SERVICE PROVIDER LIST
Key functions of PSIRA regarding Training:
- Determine minimum statutory training standards for the industry
- Accreditation of training centres and instructors to present PSIRA statutory courses which includes Grades E-A, Assets in Transit, Reaction Services, Event Security, Dog Handlers
- Evaluation and processing of course reports
- Liaison with SAQA, QCTO and SASSETA in respect of the development of NQF qualifications and programs for all categories or classes of security service providers
- Recognition of Prior Learning.