Registration division is responsible for receiving and consideration of all applications for registrations as security service providers. The division has been established and mandated , to ensure that all applicants complying with the requirements of registration, in terms of the section 21 and 23 of the PSIRA Act 56 of 2001 are duly registered to provide security services.
One of the primary objects of PSIRA is to ensure that the process of registration of security service providers is transparent, fair and objective and concluded timeously.
- Proof of Company registration with the Companies and Intellectual Property Commission (CIPC)
- Member’s (Director(s), Partner(s), Trustee(s) and Managers must be registered as a security service provider with Grade B
- Tax Clearance Certificate, VAT Registration Number, PAYE Number obtained from the South African Revenue Service (SARS)
- U.I.F, C.O.I.D (Applicable only if already registered with the department of Labour)
- Business Plan for 1 year
- Declaration of a business’s capability to operate for the next year
- Immovable office premises
- Be 18 years of age and older,
- Be a permanent resident of South Africa,
- Not have committed any of the scheduled criminal offenses listed in the Private Security Industry Regulation Act,
- Have completed training at an accredited training centre,
- Not be a member of any official military, Security Police or intelligence force in South Africa or elsewhere (Clearance certificate is required for former members),
- Pay applicable fee for registration